Friday, November 12, 2010

Weekly-Round Up

Alright, so last night should have been the last night of me missing a game, or at least I hope it is. I haven't been able to watch a full game since October 28th, when they played against the Minnesota Wild. Why does it seem like I always have the long shift whenever there's a game on? I guess that's my fault, I didn't look at the game schedule before I signed up for shifts. But now that work is finished for a while, hopefully I will be able to post on a more regular basis. Unfortunately our show was pre-empted today, so here's another weekly round-up coming your way.
Caps beat the Lightning: What a game, and by that I mean what a third period, since that's the only one I actually watched. It was clear to me, even though I only watched one-third of the game, that Alex was the star. And when I say Alex, I mean Alexander Semin. He was everywhere. (Not to jinx it, but right now he's playing like someone who wants a contract extention...). Sporting a hat trick, Alex comes out of this game as the Caps best forward. He leads the team with 12 goals, and nearly as many assists. With this win over the bolts, the Caps extend their record to 12-4-0 overall, and are 8-1-0 at home.
"Mo"-vember: Okay, what is with all of this November stuff? I keep hearing phrases like "Mo"-vember, and "Bro"-vember. Well, whatever it is, this mustache nonsense needs to end; playoff beards make the guys look scraggly enough, so why do we need this mid-season? Someone please tell Karl Alzner to shave that hairy caterpillar off of his face.
No it's not a typo: They say the number to hit is 80. That's what all penalty units "should" aim to achieve, but right now about two-thirds of the NHL is at that benchmark. The Caps come in at number nine on the list of the top ten penalty killing teams in the league, with an 85.9% average. That's not too shabby. Especially if you think about the PK units from previous seasons.

2 comments: